IBMYP PHE Teacher (Full-time)
Effective from August 1, 2019
The ideal candidate will demonstrate creativity, energy and drive, the highest integrity and ethical standards and a passion for teaching and learning. In addition, he/she will be innovative and should have many of the following skills and experience:
- A./M.Ed Degree in Physical Education with teaching certification
- 2+ years of relevant teaching experience
- Attended a MYPPHE level 2 workshop in recent years
- In depth knowledge of and experience with the MYP and/or constructivist learning theory and its implementation
- Past experience working in an international school and/or with families in a multicultural environment;
- Demonstrated ability to work and plan collaboratively with colleagues, staff, parents and students;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English, both verbal and written
The Physical health education (PHE) teacher promotes and models healthy active lifestyles in school and the wider community. Teaching and learning are concept based and models like TGFU and/or game sense are used to support the journey of physical literacy. The teacher should have the ability to adapt curricula for children with different physical abilities and to select age and development-appropriate content. Be up-to-date with current trends and research in (physical health) education. In addition to being knowledgeable about subject specific content it is imperative that they are able to explain and demonstrate content properly. They must be able to observe students and use this knowledge to inform their teaching. Safety considerations and maintaining (positive) discipline will allow for a safe and productive teaching environment. Interaction with students, parents, colleagues and school administrators should be positive and constructive. The teacher should have strong communication and active listening skills. Open to different perspectives, promoting discussion, inviting input and reflective. This position requires the use of trampettes/trampolines and other sport specific equipment. The teacher should be comfortable and capable in teaching basic gymnastics/parkour skills.
Level: MYPPHE years 1-5 (age group 11-16)
Applications in the form of a current CV, cover letter and three referees should be forwarded to Marie Willis, HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
7 April 2019
DESIGN TECHNOLOGY TEACHER
effective 1 August 2019
The International School of Düsseldorf would like to welcome applications from dedicated and enthusiastic professionals for the position of IBMYP/DP Design Technology Teacher who can also teach DP Design Technology.
This is a full-time position teaching MYP Design to students in grades 6 – 10, with the possibility of teaching IB Diploma Design Technology.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- B.A. Degree in Design, Engineering, or other relevant degrees
- 4+ years of relevant teaching experience.
Preferred Attributes and Experience:
- Experience with (IB) International Baccalaureate programs.
- Industrial design experience with some cross over skills in digital design
- Strong skills in using Laser cutting, 3D printing and CNC milling are essential.
- Previous use of software such as Fusion 360, Adobe illustrator or similar computer aided design software
- Inquiry based learning, strong understanding of the design cycle
- Robotics experience or basic programming skills an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability and desire to work collaboratively with senior school teachers, students, parents, and staff.
Please email a cover letter, CV and the contact details of the immediate supervisor and two further referees to email@example.com:
Human Resources Manager
International School of Düsseldorf
40489 Düsseldorf, Germany
Priority will be given to applicants having had personal conversations with our Director at any of the job fairs he is attending.
If you are interested in employment for the following academic year, we would also recommend that you sign up with either Search Associates or CIS.
If you currently live in the Düsseldorf area and are interested in working as a substitute teacher at our school, please email your application to Marie Willis, HR Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that a German work permit is a minimum requirement for becoming a substitute teacher.
Questions About Employment
Ms. Marie Willis
Human Resources Manager
Tel: +49 (0) 211 9406 718
Fax: +49 (0) 211 9406 787